06: Community Forums
07: My Private Messages

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

NovaHQTop 50

Team Viewer

Global Visitors

Powered by IP2Location.com

Community Forums › General Forums › Public Forums › New Members?
New Members?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Public Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeloniousRat
TEAM TIO MAPPER
TEAM TIO MAPPER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Post subject: New Members?

Whilst I appreciate that I play TIO between 3pm and 7pm GMT which for Americans and Aussies is not a great time for playing games, I often see people trying to load the game and get booted.
There is a membership of 84 people and yet we see so very few new players when we play. (We=timber's jr and sr, torger, weedy)

I suspect much of the reason for this is the instructions or lack of instructions for new people to set up this game on their computers.

I couldn't set it up. This guy came into TTB and posted VERY exact instructions on the TTB website as to how to make the download install correctly.
I have installed hundreds of programmes in my time and non of them have required a /d in target in properties to work.
YES, its simple when you know how!

It makes me wonder how many of these 84 new members have actually succesfully got the game to work on their computer as I who play just about every day have seen ONE new player name in a MONTH whilst I see people trying to get in and failing to join TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

Then we have the moving IP address.
Are new members welcomed and informed that they may need to check the web site should the game not work for a new IP?

I believe the website needs a VERY clear area on the front page for:
Download the programme and warning they need BOTH games, "Black Hawk Down" and "Black Hawk Down TEAM SABRE"....not bhd and bhdts.
Then, idiot level, step by step instructions for installing. Pictures included.
Then download pinger and again idiot level step by step instructions of how to set up pinger.

My reasoning is, lets encourage new players, not put them off with acronyms and having to search pages of the website for info.

Onwards and Upwards

Felonious Rat
bilks
TEAM TIO MAPPER
TEAM TIO MAPPER

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 am
Post subject: Re: New Members?

They don't need both games the Mod will install to any BHD or BHD Teamsabre
Tedsmelly
TEAM TIO MAPPER
TEAM TIO MAPPER

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi Rat,
I will start by saying the game is 14 years old. The people you see trying to join the Mod server do not have the Mod. They see the server with a lot of players in it and try to join.

The instructions you read in a post at TTB are not necessary.

All you have to do to play Black Hawk Down (BHD) is install the game on your computer. If you have an old version of BHD, you will have to update it to version 1.5. The update is in the Download section here on our site.

If you want to play Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS) you will have to first install Black Hawk Down (BHD) and then install Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS). If you have an old version of BHDTS, you will have to update it to version 1.5. The update is in the Download section here on our site.

If you want to play our TIOcoop Mod Version 1.9.2 you will have to install it. You have to have an updated version of Black Hawk Down (BHD) or an updated version of Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS) installed on your computer first. Then install the Mod.

To install any of the above just follow the instructions the installer tells you. 98% of people installing the Mod have had no problems. Most of the 2% that have trouble is their lack of computer knowledge.

As for the "space, forward slash, lower case dee" ( /d) this is used by Black Hawk Down (BHD) or Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS) or our TIOcoop Mod version 1.9.2 to search the game directory for any files associated with the map you are playing. This is for custom maps you put in your game directory or for files like the "Weapon.def" for the Medic Mod.

The download page for the TIOcoop Mod version 1.9.2 tells you that you can have Black Hawk Down (BHD) only or Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS) installed on your computer before you install our Mod.

The Pinger Page has detailed information about the Pinger and how to set it up. Every download on our site that needs the /d has information and a picture on how to add this to your desktop shortcut.

When the IP of our Game Servers change it is posted immediately by Rat our Game server Host. It is then posted in our TIO Server IP's and Ports post.

You can still join a game if you do not have our server IP. You will have to login to Novaworld and join from their lobby.

If you bought a copy of Black Hawk Down (BHD) or Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (BHDTS) via "Steam" and you want to install our TIOcoop Mod version 1.9.2. During the install process you will have to change the install directory to your Steam folder on your computer where BHD or BHDTS is installed.

I am home in three weeks Rat, see you in the server.

Last edited by Tedsmelly on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeloniousRat
TEAM TIO MAPPER
TEAM TIO MAPPER

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks for replies my friends. I suppose I just had to have the problem.
I couldn't get that mod to work and bandage and McGyver held me hand to get it going.
It was quite difficult to be honset lads and I nearly gave it up.
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Public Forums
Page 1 of 1